An interesting article exploring from a journalistic perspective “What the Fetishization of Social Media Is Costing Us All”. It makes the point that even virality has, it seems, gone viral. Social media are the obsession of the media. But the “value” of going viral doesn’t matter, as long as it’s viral! Yes, good point.In a similar way I have also questioned the value of going viral, making the point that it is indeed difficult to tell apart the medium from the virus. With a nod to McLuhan and Baudrillard (without references, it must be added).
- Internet Addiction watch “Are We All Addicts Now? Video
- Keynote panel confirmed for A&SM#4
- Call for Papers for A&SM#4: Notifications from the Technological Nonconscious
- Schedule for Neuroaffect streams at the Capacious conference in August
- Unthought Meets The Assemblage Brain: A Dialogue Between N Katherine Hayles and Tony D Sampson
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets