An interesting article exploring from a journalistic perspective “What the Fetishization of Social Media Is Costing Us All”. It makes the point that even virality has, it seems, gone viral. Social media are the obsession of the media. But the “value” of going viral doesn’t matter, as long as it’s viral! Yes, good point.In a similar way I have also questioned the value of going viral, making the point that it is indeed difficult to tell apart the medium from the virus. With a nod to McLuhan and Baudrillard (without references, it must be added).
- CFP: Cultural Mobility of Performance and Perfomativity Studies viralcontagion.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/cfp… 6 days ago
- Call for papers: Affect, Politics, Social Media viralcontagion.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/cal… 2 weeks ago
- Club Critical Theory at Metal's Village Green Festival Sat 8th July: villagegreenfestival.com/lineup/detail/… 3 weeks ago
- Images from CCT/Focal Point Gallery Food Cultures Event 10th June viralcontagion.wordpress.com/2017/06/30/ima… https://t.co/MlrbaEe5sc 3 weeks ago
- UEL news report on A&SM3 viralcontagion.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/uel… https://t.co/nRcKkYbfsG 1 month ago